“Studies have shown that people who participate in the arts are active community leaders in other areas as well. CSGB is an important community organization which provides opportunities for participation at many levels – from playing in the orchestra to serving on the board or committees to enjoying the concerts as an audience member. I especially appreciate the learning opportunities my students have received by interning with the CSGB. We need organizations like the CSGB which help us meet our neighbors and enrich our lives and our community with the arts.” – Ellen Rosewall, Professor Emerita at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and Arts Advocate
- Share your talents! We’d love to expand our board membership to include experts in the areas of marketing, finance, fundraising, and educational outreach. You don’t necessarily need to be a musician to help us reach our goals.
- The full board meets monthly (usually the evening of the fourth Wednesday), often via video conferencing.
- Members also serve on committees (education, fundraising, marketing, etc.) which meet as needed and report back to the full board.
- We’re also currently seeking a treasurer to serve on our executive committee. The treasurer works closely with the executive director to provide financial oversight and guidance, ensuring that the organization’s financial activities are aligned with its mission and goals.
- Serve as an usher – We’re looking for ushers for our four 2023-24 season concerts in the Walter Theatre at St. Norbert College. Ushers arrive 30 minutes before the doors open for a briefing, check tickets, and help people find their seats – plus ushers get to attend the concert for free! Learn more about being an usher and register online on our Usher Information Form.
- Saturday 10/7/23
- Saturday 10/28/23
- Friday 2/16/24 (morning and evening performances)
- Sunday 4/21/24 (afternoon performance)
- Transport/move equipment for concerts and rehearsals
- Connect with area businesses to secure sponsorships and program advertising
- Plan and assist with fundraising events
- Distribute promotional materials to area businesses and public bulletin boards
- Represent the orchestra at local community fairs and fine arts festivals
- Communicate with area educators for educational outreach
- Plan and assist with educational events