Studies have shown that people who participate in the arts are active community leaders in other areas as well. CS is an important community organization which provides opportunities for participation at many levels – from playing in the orchestra to serving on the board or committees to enjoying the concerts as an audience member. I especially appreciate the learning opportunities my students have received by interning with the CS. We need organizations like the CS which help us meet our neighbors and enrich our lives and our community with the arts.
– Ellen Rosewall, UW-Green Bay Associate Professor and Arts Advocate
What do Volunteers do?
- Help with mailings – fold/stuff/seal/stamp
- Reception helpers
- Equipment moving – concerts/rehearsals
- Bowing string parts (training provided)
- Docents/visit schools as prep for Children’s Concert
- Help with Youth Competition – Greeters/hospitality for judges, etc.
- Help on Committees such as Advertising/Ad Sales
- Assist with fundraisers